mifo O5 Standard and Professional Instruction Manual
This instruction manual applies to the Mifo O5 Standard and Mifo 05 Professional models.
- Mifo O5 - What’s Included
- Listening for the First Time
- Positioning the Mifo O5 for Comfort
- Pairing the Mifo O5 with a Bluetooth Device
- On-Earbud Button Functions
- Charging the Mifo O5
- Important Information
Mifo O5 - What’s Included
Both earbuds will automatically power off by when no activity is detected for 5 minutes. IMPORTANT: Before use, remove the protective film under each earbud and then place earbuds into the charging box for at least ten minutes.
Listening for the First Time
- Identify the left and right channel. In addition to color indicators, “L” for left and “R” for right are marked.
- Place earbuds into your ears. If needed, swap silicon ear tips for comfort and stability.
Positioning the Mifo O5 for Comfort
- Slowly rotate each earbud toward your face. As each ear is slightly different, position and preferred ear tip can vary.
- Fine tune the rotation back and forth until you reach a comfortable angle.
Pairing the Mifo O5 with a Bluetooth Device
Left and Right earbuds pair automatically upon removal
IMPORTANT: The Mifo O5 earbuds are designed to pair with each other out of the box. Simply remove the left and right earbuds from the charging box simultaneously to activate pairing mode. Each earbud will flash red and blue alternately. Once automatic pairing has finished, only the right earbud’s indicator light will flash red and blue alternately.
In the rare case of earbuds failing to pair with each other, please see the following troubleshooting section of this manual.
Troubleshooting: Pair left and right earbuds manually
- Press and hold the power on/off button of each earbud for 2 seconds to enter into pairing mode.
- Listen for audio confirmation that the earbuds are connected.
Pairing dual earbuds with a Bluetooth Device
- Remove both earbuds from the included charging case.
- Set your device to find new Bluetooth devices.
- Select mifo_O5 to pair.
During the pairing process, the right earbud will flash red and blue alternately. Once pairing is complete, flashing will cease. The Mifo O5 is designed to automatically unpair from all devices when placed in the charging box. You need only remove either earbud from the box again to re-pair with your preferred devices.
Pairing a single earbud with a Bluetooth Device
The Mifo O5 can work as a single earbud should you desire.
- Remove a single earbud - either left or right - from the included charging case and set your device to find new Bluetooth devices.
- Press and hold the power on/off button of the earbud for 3 seconds.
- Select mifo_O5 to pair.
During the pairing process, the earbud will flash red and blue alternately. Once pairing is complete, flashing will cease.
On-Earbud Button Functions
1. POWER ON/OFF BUTTON FUNCTIONS
Pair earbuds that are not connecting to one another: Press and hold the power on/off button of each earbud for 2 seconds to enter into automatic pairing mode.
Power on: Press and hold the power on/off button of left or right earbud for 1 second to power on.
Power off: Press and hold the power on/off button of left or right earbud for 5 seconds to power off. Red indicator light will flash twice.
2. MANAGE TELEPHONE CALLS
Answer an incoming call: Press the power on/off button on either earbud during an incoming call to answer.
Hang up a call: Press the power on/off button on either earbud during the course of a call to hang up.
3. REJECT AN INCOMING CALL
Press the power on/off button two times quickly on either earbud during an incoming call to reject the call.
4. PAUSE/PLAY STREAMING OR RECORDED AUDIO
Press the power on/off button on either earbud while listening to audio to pause. Press again to resume.
5. RESET THE EARBUDS
In the rare case of repeated failed pairing or an unstable signal, press and hold the on/off button of both earbuds simultaneously for 10 seconds until the indicator on each earbud blinks red twice. Place back into the charging case for a few seconds, then remove to re-activate.
6. INCREASE OR REDUCE VOLUME
Dual earbud mode: Press the left earbud volume button to reduce volume, and the right earbud volume button to increase volume.
Single earbud mode: Press the volume button. Volume will cycle, continue pressing until the desired volume is achieved.
7. PREVIOUS/NEXT AUDIO TRACK
Next track: While an audio track is playing, hold the “Volume +” button on the right earbud for 2 seconds to advance one track.
Previous track: While an audio track is playing, hold the “Volume -” button on the left earbud for 2 seconds to listen to the previous track.
8. TRANSPARENCY MODE (SAFETY ENVIRONMENT MODE)
Press and hold power on/off button for 2 seconds to enter or exit transparency mode. This will allow ambient noise to filter through the earbud via microphone amplification.
Charging the Mifo O5
1. Charging the case
Attach the included micro-USB cable to the charging case and plug into a powered USB outlet. Charging time is typically 30-60 minutes.
2. Charging the earbuds
Place each earbud into it’s corresponding charging dock in the included charging case. Magnetic contacts lock the earbuds in place.
The LED indicator displays the charging status as follows:
- Charging: Red indicator light pulsing.
- Fully charged: Blue indicator lights pulse once then stops.
Charging case capacity indicators: The Mifo O5 includes a variety of visual cues to indicate charge level.
- When the charging case battery capacity is at 60% or more, the center green LED indicator will remain on.
- When charging case battery capacity is between 40-60%, the white LED indicator on the side of the charging case will remain on.
- When charging case battery capacity is between 30-40%, the center red LED indicator will remain on.
- When charging case battery capacity is less than 30%, the center red LED indicator will flash.
Please read the below information regarding the care of your product and your safety.
- Loud sounds may cause hearing loss. Maintain a safe listening volume and duration. Consult your physician to understand the appropriate volume and duration to avoid hearing loss.
- Maintain awareness of your surroundings. Earbuds may block ambient noise.
- Do not use this product while operating a vehicle or heavy machinery.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Not rated for use in dishwasher, laundry machine, or other cleaning devices.
- If ear pain or discomfort results from the use of this product, please stop using and immediately consult a physician.
- Do not store at temperatures below -15 degrees C (5 degrees F) or above 55 degrees C (131 degrees F).